Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Thanks

There are a lot of things going on around me these days. I have just gotten back from a conference. I have had sveeral good visits with congregation members, both active and regular, and not so regular in their attendance. I have had some good times with my wife recently watching the Chronicles of Narnia and learning about life. I had a great game of hoops with some of the youth in the church the other day. My dog has been very loving and friendly. I had a wonderful visit with my folks this past weekend, and my sister by phone last night.
So for all that I just want to say thanks. To my family and friends. I have enjoyed hearing about life form other friends on the other side of the country through their blogs and generally making for some exciting days.

Which makes the tough discovery of yesterday so difficult. I am a target. People like to pick on me and find it very easy to do. I have seen it in all kinds of settings. Now, I can understand it when I get going. Folks who know me know that I can be very inquisitive and pointed, as well as very determined. This makes for additional target practice as the day wears on. But yesterday, I was taken to task before I even said a word. I hadn't done anything, been unruly or out of order. I hadn't made side comments while others were doing their thing. But, it made me sit up and take notice that I have this target somewhere on me that says I am a viable person to have strong and pointed interplay with. I don't know whether I relish this, whether I have learned to like it because it is the case, or whether I bring it upon myself with some other cues. I don't really know what to do with all of this insight.

Peace,

1 Comments:

At December 15, 2005, Blogger Matt Reed said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I think that it is something that all in the ministry go through in some form or fashion at one time or another.
--MATT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home