Thursday, December 15, 2005

Assessments

So I have spent a lot of time in the preparation for the ministry doing a variety of personality profiles, leadership style profiles, and some psychological assessment tests. I am still working my way through the learnings from the other day.
This time around it was the DISC assessment. It helps to determine your leadership style, and who you are internally, externally and in perception. For me I came out as an inquirer. I want to look at things from all kinds of different angles. That is all well and good, but it was another connection to another personality assessment that really laid me bare. I like to explore all the options, and that is great. Where it becomes a hindrance to me is when I take a look at my Enneagram profile:
6

THE LOYALIST
Enneagram Type Six

Enneagram Type Six Enneagram Type Six

The Committed, Security-Oriented Type:
Engaging, Responsible, Anxious, and Suspicious

Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
Basic Desire: To have security and support
Enneagram Six with a Five-Wing: "The Defender"
Enneagram Six with a Seven-Wing: "The Buddy"


What's more is that I am a counter-phobic personality. Therefore if I fear it and come in contact with it I am going to confront it, with authority and confidence. So not only do I like to explore and check things out, but if I come across someone or something that doesn't believe as I do then I want to find out more. I do this by confronting it. Not so comfortable for others. The real kicker to it is that in order to discover more I will take a side that doesn't really match my own, especially because it allows me to discover more about the situation, by arguing a point I don't really believe and by learning the other position.

Now to the real work...how to move forward with all of that. And then to tie it in with the other stuff I have discovered about myself through the MMPI, the Myers-Briggs, and others.

Peace,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home