Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving

So I have returned from a great Thanksgiving with my in-laws in Alabama. This was definitely a good time. I must say that my body clock was thoroughly messed up during this trip. I can't say for certain what the cause was as there were several. The first was that I took the red eye to Alabama from California. I got three hours of sleep that night, on the plane...not so good. Then I had the bright idea that I would do some hunting while in Alabama with my in-laws. This meant some early mornings to go sit on a tree stand and wait for the deer. The morning hunting was not productive...as I remarked at one point about my success, "I heard a lot of shadows". The upshot of it was that I did bag a buck on my first evening hunt. I went out at dusk and stayed to twilight and got a small buck, no points. But, alas gotta give thanks for Alabam law. The small ones must be out of their spots, and this one was. One shot one kill. Definitely got the blood pumping. Then there was the great food of Thanksgiving itself. My mother-in-law, and her mother are two of the finest cooks I know and they threw together an awesome spread. Good eats for a couple of days. My wife and I even packed a little to go cooler for a weekend trip to the sands of Destin, FL.
All in all a great time, and much to be thanksful for, especially some great in-laws that I have fun with, enjoy and think the world of.
Blessings,

2 Comments:

At November 29, 2005, Blogger Jonathon said...

yes, thanksgiving was good for me too, as well. thank god for southern inlaws who can cook like it's nobody's business. :)

shalom,
jonathon

 
At November 29, 2005, Blogger gavin richardson said...

ah, lonely cold mornings waiting for hours for animals to walk by... yeah, glad i don't hunt. &:~P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home