Friday, November 04, 2005

Youth Ministry

Wednesday night youth group went well. There were four adults there and 11 youth. It is always interesting to see what the youth mode of function is when entering a group to sit in. At least that was my initial plan for Wednesday. But, as facts prove out, that was not the case. Ig was called on to be involved in a lifesaver tasting game with the rest of my team of 7 total members. I was asked to lead the conversation on more than a couple of occasions. I was also asked to lead us in the closing prayer, which we did with the UMY benediction, which some of you may not have understood that way, but may know it as Numbers 6:24-26. "May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, may the Lord make his face to shine upon you and give you peace...go in peace." (I may have screwed that up, my brain is just not working right this AM) I then got to take two of the youth home afterward and that got me started in a new vein of conversation.

There is a lot of work to do with these youth, and so I am also putting a beggar's plea out there for anyone in youth ministry who knows of good resources for programs. I like the programs that include a piece of music that ties in with a game, that ties in with a theological discussion, and a closing moment (The closing would probably be a round of highs and lows followed by the benediction). The big plug in my book would be the contribution of some solid, some vigorous activities with sound theological discussion starters. Anyone, anyone?

A great shout out to Steve, who gave me some review of the progress of days gone by, and a great quote on "A Walking Paradox" Kudos to you Steve (Plus you expanded my reading list...I gotta go read some Shelly)

Peace,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home