Thursday, September 22, 2005

Brain Food

So, recently I have been fighting through a haze of malaise, frustration, anxiety, anger and downright misery. I am still working on getting through that stuff we call depression. I still need some spiritual renewal in the mix, but I have gotten a good dose of brain food recently and gotten my mind moving again.

The first couple of things were some books that I have been reading.
Job: A Comedy of Justice - By Robert A. Heinlein
High Druid of Shannara: Straken - By Terry Brooks
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe -C.S. Lewis

Those definitely kept me moving forward

Then this past week while away at Bishop's Convocation I was hard at work (I decided that it was definitely work since I did not get any CEUs and I did not get the free time that other participants got, and someone else - The Board of Congregational Development - was paying my way), but was energized in my brain by the new group I was asked to help develop.

The Board of Congregational Development has asked 12 of us in the conference to begin a New Church Start/Revitalization Institute for training in doing just that in this conference.

Since I was the only blogger in the room I was volunteered to put it together through the blog, for others to be able to make use of the resources we are using. So I will be doing just that, in and among the rest of the milieu of the posts. I will also be adding books and additional links along the sidebar to help folks. The danger is that since it is a lot of information and I want to be able to distill it, you all will just have to bear with me, and add your thoughts and comments in the comment bar. I am excited about this new venture and will try and start posting soon...like next week, once I have gathered in the rest of the resources as best I can.

Grace and peace,

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2005, Blogger John said...

The Heinlein book is good. I read it years ago and remember it fondly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home