Friday, October 28, 2005

Fading

I started out doing a blog with such good intent, and some decent ideas, if not always the best ones. I have tried to avoid the craze of memes and have managed to only add a couple of the various "You Are..." with graphic and explanation, to the blog. I would have to say that the advice I have seen more than one time on the interviews with Locusts and Honey seem to indicate that blogging more than less is to the benefit of all. As I flip through the pages of the various blogs I try to read I find that I am considering dropping some of them that don't blog as often. There is even one of them that a friend does on livejournal that hasn't been updated since July 10th...whatg is the deal with that?
I have pondered the musings of friends, and viewed the pictures of family and friends that people post. I wonder at the safety of sharing *any* information on the web, and still again feel the safety of hiding behind my own computer. It is a strange day in American culture.
I have several topics I have been storing up and maybe as I try to keep from fading into oblivion with another blog that has been abandoned I will try to write on those. Maybe I ought to share some of the process I use when preparing sermons, or continue sharing on the various meetings I attend. I wonder whether an online Bible Study would generate any more interest, with comments and such, or whether that would better be operated through the phpBB boards...which would mean more learning about computer technology and I can't keep up with what I already know.
Anybody got some ideas about what we ought to be talking about?

Peace,

2 Comments:

At October 31, 2005, Blogger John said...

Yeah, sometimes the well seems dry. That's one reason why I do Blogger Profiles and Roundups. They don't require creativity.

 
At October 31, 2005, Blogger gavin richardson said...

john comes clean on the his intentions! it's funny to find your way through the rough spots of blogging. it's partly why i like the acountability piece it brings to, what i consider a spiritual discipline.

part of gaining a readership is being around awhile. i have started to purge my blogroll of people who don't post (something i should have done a long time ago). if people know you are posting with a routine (ie. daily, every two days, once a week) then folks will check in as appropriate. if discussion starts, which there seems to be no reasoning for some comment strings, the most serious things get left untouched, yet people will comment on about star bucks & rick warren.

one thing i stress is the personability of bloggin. the spirit behind the software design is journaling and sharing of innermost thoughts. this can be rants, encouragements, pontifications, etc. but it follows the seasons of ones life.

hope that makes sense to you, not sure it does to me. &:~D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home