Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More from Grandpa Spencer

I found these on a card back to back.

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
Honesty was his rule for getting along with others
I GREW CONVINCED THAT TRUTH, SINCERITY AND INTEGRITY IN DEALINGS BETWEEN MAN AND MAN WERE OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE OF THE FELICITY OF LIFE, AND I FORMED WRITTEN RESOLUTIONS (which remain in my journal book) TO PRACTICE THEM EVER WHILE I LIVED.

Rotary Four Way Test of the things we think, say or do.
1) Is it the TRUTH?
2) Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3) Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIP
4) Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

I found it to be an imperative today when so much truth, half-truth and lies get mixed together. My hope is that I can build a church around TRANSPARENCY, which in turn develops TRANSFORMATION, which in turn means that we are getting closer to following the mission of the United Methodist Church, (To make Disciples of Jesus Christ, for the transformation of the world) and my own Vision (Extending Ministry)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home