Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gratefulness

Today we shared Psalm 111 in worship, and I took a moment for us to be thankful.

I reminded them that they are "the company of the righteous, in the congregation."

With that we shared our thanks as a congregation with a time of open sharing.

This day I especially grateful for the meeting I had with Pedro. Pedro is one of the area men whom I see standing at the bus stop many mornings a week, often with his thumb extended until the bus arrives.

Today I picked him up and took him to work at a Car Wash at the North end of town. I learned he lives with his son, was a brickpayer, and now at 85, works at the car wash several days a week. Sunday is apparently the busiest day of the week.

I am thankful for so much more, including the congregation of St. Andrew UMC, and my family. Thanks all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home