Monday, August 24, 2009

Prayers of Protection

I offered this prayer yesterday during services at St. Andrew UMC, Santa Maria, CA.

This was abbreviated for us during worship.


Christians: Do You Need Prayers Against Spiritual Warfare?

Daily Prayers of Protection
Pray them in this order.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I command a hedge of protection to be around my home and property today and I ask that warrior angels would be placed to stand guard at any holes that might be in that hedge. *Holes in the hedge can be caused by yet to be dealt with sin, trauma or wounding in the lives of the people who dwell in the home.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I command any free, unbound, or wandering spirits to get out beyond that hedge of protection now.
In the name of Jesus Christ, I ask that warrior angels be placed at the doorways and access points to my home and property today that would keep out any free, unbound or wandering spirits that would try to access my home and property today. I ask for warrior angels that would bind and separate from their functions any demons attached to any individuals entering my home and property today. * An access point could be cable TV, internet, telephone or other communication devices in the home, power hookup, water supply or heat source.
Father God, I ask for a spiritual umbrella of protection over me and a spiritual hedge of protection around me. I place the full armour of God on me, and I ask that the light of the Lord Jesus shine through me this day.
Note: I strongly recommend praying Ephesians 6 daily over yourself and meditating on the scripture often.
Eph 6: 13-17 Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
If you are plagued by nightmares, restless nights sleeping and a sense of uneasiness in your bedroom, pray this before going to bed each night.
Father God, I ask that you would send warrior angels at the bedposts of my bed. (Alternatively, the corners of your bed if you don’t have a bedpost) and I declare that YOU are the Lord of my nights.
Praying for Children/spouse
Daily pray:
1. Father God, I ask that you would send your angels to bind up any and all demons which have rights and grounds to my children and that you do that right now.
2. I command that all demons that have rights and grounds to my children be completely separated from all their functions, now. I command that any demons that have any business to do with my wife/children/husband today that you come through me first. (In other words, if the enemy has a bone to pick, go pick on someone his own size).
3. Father God, please place a barrier of protection around each one of my children right now and Lord Jesus, I ask that you would come today, at any time necessary, to deal with any and all spirit beings which might attempt to harass my children/spouse.
4. Pray Ephesians 6 over your children.
Another Prayer for Daily Protection for Christians
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray this prayer in the power of the Holy Spirit
In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind, rebuke and bring to no effect, all division, discord, disunity, strife, anger, wrath, murder, criticism, condemnation, pride, envy, jealousy, gossip, slander, evil speaking, complaining, lying, false teaching, false gifts, false manifestations, lying signs and wonders, poverty, fear of lack, fear spirits, murmuring spirits, hindering spirits, retaliatory spirits, deceiving spirits, religious spirits, occult spirits, witchcraft spirits (including Jezebel, Delilah and Apollyon) and spirits of antichrist
I bind all curses that have been spoken against me. I bless those who curse me, and pray blessings on those who despiteful use me.
I bind all spoken judgment made against me and judgments I have made against others
I bind the power of negative words from others, and I bind and render useless all prayers not inspired by the Holy Spirit; whether psychic, soul force, witchcraft or counterfeit tongues that have been prayed against me.
I am God’s child. I resist the devil. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I put on the whole armor of God. I take authority over this day, in Jesus’ name. Let it be prosperous for me, let me walk in your love, Lord. The Holy Spirit leads and guides me today, I discern between the righteous and the wicked.
I take authority over Satan and all his demons, and those people who are influenced by them. I declare Satan is under my feet and remain there all day. I am the righteous of God in Christ Jesus.
I am God’s property. Satan you are bound from my family, my mind, my body, my home and my finances.
I confess that I am healed and whole. I flourish, I am long lived, stable, durable, incorruptible, fruitful, virtuous, full of peace, patience and love. Whatsoever I set my hand to do shall prosper, for God supplies all my needs. I have all authority over Satan, all demons, and beasts of the field. God, I pray for the ministry that you have for me. Anoint me, God, for all you have called me to do for you.
I call forth divine appointments, open doors of opportunity, God ordained encounters and ministry positions. I claim a hedge of protection around myself, spouse and children throughout this day and night.
I ask you God, in the name of Jesus to dispatch angels to surround me, my spouse and my children today, and to put them throughout my house and around our cars, souls and bodies. I ask angels to protect my house from any intrusion and to protect me and my family from any harmful demonic or other physical or mental attacks.
I ask this prayer in the name of Jesus AMEN.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At August 24, 2009, Anonymous Earl said...

Thank you for this post.

 
At August 31, 2009, Anonymous David Youngdale said...

David I am also so glad you shared this, and is a good reminder regarding the authority of the believer. 1John 3:8 says- "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."- KJV
The word "destroy" here actually is the Greek word "luo", which means to "loosen, dissolve, and undo". This Jesus did for us, as he had no need to overcome satan just for Himself. No, as a representative of mankind he did it for us. The devil's works are destroyed, undone. Thru prayer and in the Name of Jesus, we ENFORCE satan's defeat, and can enjoy quiet and peaceable lives according to God's will.

 
At August 31, 2009, Blogger David said...

David, it reminds me of the power of Matthew 18:18, which reminds us that we can empower Satan just as much as we can disempower Satan. Seems we ought to be doing more of the latter, and less of the former. By the authority of Jesus and the Holy Spirit we are given the right to have this kind of power over Satan. Kinda just leaves Satan a little puppet at our command, as long as we are paying attention, doesn't it?

 
At August 31, 2009, Anonymous David Youngdale said...

Nice insight again there Dave, and I am also reminded of Proverbs 18:21- "Death and life are in the power of the tongue."

 
At September 15, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Would you please pray this for me as well? Thanks and all blessings in Christ Jesus.

 
At September 15, 2010, Blogger David said...

Vicki,
I will be praying this for you for the next few days
Peace,
David

 
At March 23, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good prayer

 
At April 07, 2011, Blogger Unknown said...

Please pray this for me as well. Blessings.

 
At April 07, 2011, Blogger David said...

Lonnie,
I will do so.
Peace and protection be with you.
David

 
At June 01, 2011, Blogger chantelehooser said...

I ask of you all to pray for my family and I. This scripture made me feel so good. My child and I PTSD and we are scared alot of the time. This will really help us on our way to recovery. Thank you so much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home