Monday, August 24, 2009

Grandpa Spencer's Thoughts

I was culling through my filing system today as I have managed to move twice without checking the filing cabinets, and there was a stack of "to-file" items that was becoming unmanageable. In my files I ran across some items that had belonged to my Grandpa Spencer (my mother's father). I think some were in books I inherited from him, including his Book of Common Prayer, and the Bible he received for joining the "Pocket Testament League" (but more on that another day)

One thing that stuck out was:

Four things in any land must dwell;
If it endures and prospers well
One is manhood true and good
One is noble womanhood
One is childlife - clean and bright
And one an Altar - kept alight

Thanks Grandpa! I miss you.

Love,
David

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home