Thursday, January 22, 2009

If Your Church Closed Today...

Lovett Weems offers a great piece on Budget Drives in this issue of Interpreter Magazine.

I am reminded of the power of his words, and I wish I had them in hand two months ago during our pledge drive. It isn't about asking for money until it hurts.

Ministry is about doing something and being something that people believe in. When people believe in something they will give the time, energy and money that is required to sustain the life of the organization.

This is what Visioning at Ojai UMC is about.

Check out the article. Then go check out who we are and are not reaching in his other article. It is through these types of questions we will obtain a better grasp on our Vision.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2009, Blogger Art said...

Weird. My pastor and I had a long talk about that very article this morning in a Church Council planning meeting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home