Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Camp Certification

A few years back I began the process for Certification in Camp and Retreat Ministry in the United Methodist Church. I am now due for my renewal in this certification, and so as I reflect on what I have done to maintain my credentials I will share some of the process and some of the things I learned from the experience.

The program was developed with the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry, Division of Deacons; the General Board of Discipleship, Camp and Retreat Program; and Drew University, School of Theology.

 

I found the process to be a tough scholastic exercise with more active hands-on practicum work than most schooling I have received, yet still missing something. I am grateful that I had the chance, and I intend to maintain my certification in Camp and Retreat Ministry. In fact, I am using this post as a reminder to call the Board of Ordained Ministry in the California-Pacific Annual Conference to schedule my meeting with the Board to reconfirm my progress with said credential.

I reaffirm the statements I made when discussing the Certification process for Christian Education, and I will see where this round takes me. Of course, there is always the need to stay current with the practices of ministry. For this I am grateful for the National Camp Leader's Gathering in Mt. Hermon Retreat Center, here in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home