Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Appointments

I have a new task July 1.

I have to preach in front of this:


My new home will be Ojai UMC, in Ojai, CA.

I am excited, and ready to work with the Ojai church as we explore and assess their current situation, trying to establish a strategy for moving forward.

In all congregations this is part of how I function in my first year, but it is nice to have everybody on the same page for what we are trying to accomplish at the outset.

More later...but I will say I was very disappointed that the Texas Style BBQ place in Oak View was closed. I was ready for that for lunch.

After years of passing by on the freeway, I finally ate at Ottavio's in Camarillo, and that was a real treat. Good food, and a great weekend.

2 Comments:

At May 27, 2008, Blogger RevErikaG said...

Congrats, David!
Sounds like a good appointment...prayers are with you and Anna as you transition...
btw, love Ottavios....my grandmother lived in Camarillo for years and that was a treat when we visited!

 
At May 27, 2008, Blogger Brian Vinson said...

I'll be moving July 1, too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home