Tuesday, May 06, 2008

About Town

I thought I would give a shot to some of the ongoing adventure of redefining my blogging.

I went out for lunch today to a local mexican restaurant, at the recommendation of some close friends in the church at Del Rosa UMC. I will be forever indebted to the Fischers for their introduction to this fine establishment.

Las Palmas, just north of Baseline on E street, opposite the San Bernardino Adult School was outstanding. I had a major hankering for some mexican so I overdid it, but it was so worth it.
I had the usual chips and salsa to start the meal. The salsa was some of the best I have ever had, smokey, light and spicy with some real kick. The garlic, onion, peppers and cilantro really came out well. I was so enamored of the salsa I went overboard with the meal and ordered a Shredded Beef Burrito with rice and beans, and a ground beef taco and chicken enchilada to go with it, a water and horchata to wash it down. It was all so good. The shredded beef was absolutely outstanding. The taco was crisp, without being dry, and the salsa was smothered over all of it, per my hand dipping the salsa pot empty to cover the food.

Amazing!

And for my friends in the south. I heard Horchata explained by my southern wife, as California's version of sweet tea. Horchata is a beautiful lightly cinnamon spiced sweet rice milk drink, that soothes the troubled soul and quenches a thirst that only mexican food can produce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home