Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thanks for the prayers

During the past week my grandmother Camphouse has been in the Hospital in Arcadia, CA.
She has been dealing with full renal failure, which has meant several attempts at prognosis (read estimates for how long it might be before her death).

Grandma has been a powerful leader in the Camphouse family for many years, and I love her dearly. Last night at Ash Wednesday service I was asked how she was doing. I told folks she was still holding on, and that we had cancelled the family service we had already planned, because she was still keeping on.

The irony of that is that when I arrived home from the service (which was affirming and uplifting), I had a message from my folks telling me Grandma had died about 5PM Wednesday night, in peace with her youngest daughter bedside.

Thank you all for the prayers along the way, and for the prayers for the Camphouse family in the months ahead.

Blessings,

1 Comments:

At February 10, 2008, Blogger RevErikaG said...

David,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...as someone who cherishes a grandma like yours,I pray that God will comfort your grief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home