Friday, January 18, 2008

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five


RevHRod brings us this weeks play along from the RevGalBlogPals. After spending several hours organizing some of my books this week on Shelfari I do love a good set of questions about books, even after the loss of many of my books recently. With that said,
I think that some books ARE better than others! How about you?
  1. What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why?
  2. The Dip, By Seth Godin


  3. What is one of your favorite childhood books?
  4. The Monster at the End of this Book


  5. Do you have a favorite book of the Bible? Do tell!
  6. I have a new affinity for the prophets after teaching them this summer, in Bible Study and Sermons. I also love James.


  7. What is one book you could read again and again?
  8. The Bible; Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal; Atlas Shrugged


  9. Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why?
Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal; I recommend it because it ends with an account of Holy Week that is well informed, slightly askew, and incredibly moving. I also appreciate the "stories" and "legends" of Jesus that are well incorporated into the full book.

And because we all love bonus questions, if you were going to publish a book what would it be?

My wife's D.Min. project, with a snappy title: "Changing the Church through Small Group Evangelism" or some such.


Who would you want to write the jacket cover blurb expounding on your talent?

My talent lies in resourcing others, and teaching, very rarely does it exist in the commodity itself. Writing is just the same. So my jacket cover blurb would be about the publisher, not the author.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home