Saturday, January 05, 2008

MySpace

I hit a landmark today.
I did my first MySpace Wedding.
I was introduced to the couple a couple months back, when the great-grandmother of the bride let her know that Del Rosa UMC was a good place for a wedding of the size (75) they were planning on.
The groom is a metal worker doing a odds-and-ends metal work for construction. I couldn't help but shed a tear when the Bride began her walk down the aisle and the groom looked at her with such love. I remember that same day in my life and the joy it brought me. Pretty cool stuff.
When I first met the couple I asked how they met. She said that she was looking for some new friends and was looking around on MySpace. He was killing time and the two began to chat, and talk online, and then they met a couple months down the line. After meeting they quickly started dating, and moved toward marriage even faster.
Thanks to the Wymers and the Wrights for letting me be a part of a such a special occasion today.
All the best to the new Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Wright.
Peace,

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2008, Blogger gavin richardson said...

that is a unique story. i wonder when the day will come when it becomes almost common.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home