Monday, July 03, 2006

Barna at it again

A friend of mine pointed at the recent George Barna book, "Revolutions". I haven't read it yet, but I am quickly concluding that as a pastor with some major growth issues in my denomination I ought to look more carefully at the possibilities presented.

Winston gives a brief outline, and I will have to read before commenting further, though my initial comments about people giving less to the church, church numbers shrinking, and fewer people interested in mega churches, and local churches are below.

What does that mean, and how do we then translate the message of the Gospel to a new generation? I think it can be done, and it will mean a whole new style of leadership. I suspect it will also mean that the pastors who are currently employed who make it that far will have to become Pauline leaders, working in the community at other jobs and then moving into small group leadership.

Peace,

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2006, Blogger gavin richardson said...

that book is on the shelf, picked it up at annual conference.. i'll have to check out winston's brief

 

Post a Comment

<< Home