Monday, July 18, 2005

When is a church too big?

Beware, this post may take several days. Be patient.

I have been thinking about this question for a long time. I have been watching my blog peers post after post trying to form their own ideology of this same topic. I have spun back to the concept of the local church, and intertwined that with the Jewish, Catholic and Muslim thought of a central Church. That then spurs the reality that the UMC has a central church, we call it General Conference and has a different kind of "location".

For now, take some time to ponder on your own thoughts of when a church is too big. Is there such a thing? What about too powerful?

Just to give you an idea of what has pushed me into this frame of thought, here are a couple of articles.
The Lark News is a Comedy Christian Paper and has no bearing in reality, but does make some interesting kinds of points with sardonic humor.
Today's blog from Wesley Blog brought the topic into better focus for me.

Now, I will have to bring it together in my own thoughts better before I write the next post.

I hope you'll be back.

Peace,

1 Comments:

At July 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David. Welcome to the blogosphere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home