Monday, May 11, 2009

Sermon Notes Mothers Day 2009

The text for Mother's Day was 1 John 4:7-21

I am reminded of the power of love in this passage because of two particular references I grew up with regarding this passage.

First the song, 1 John 4:7&8 (click on the preview all) and the second was a cross-stitch I had in my room with 1 John 4:19 "We love because he first loved us."

We also have some outstanding lyrics from our anthem this morning. "Go Into the World" arr. Walt Harrah. Go into the world, show God's love to the world.

Then I was caught by the power of the story of Anna Jarvis. She wanted to be sure we showed love to our Mothers, not just by pretty things, but in our own words, and our own actions.

We must learn to love more clearly.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2009, Anonymous David Youngdale said...

This was a wonderful Mother's Day message; I only wish more could have been there. I am reminded of a certain song by B.J. Thomas, from the early eighties and this was at that time contemporary Gospel. It goes something like this- "love is our common ground, love is our common ground; love has no limits, love has no bounds, love is our common ground. I live down in the valley, you live on the mountain above, but although we live in different places, the common ground we share is love."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home