Friday, January 02, 2009

Gardening

There was a time when I planted a garden or two every year at the parsonage. I had a blast. I planted all kinds of things and called it an experimental garden.

If I can find the right place to buy seeds in Ojai I am likely to head out sometime this next week and heed the advice of the Ojai press blog and gather some of the following seeds to create some kind of garden at the parsonage here.

EDIBLES
Plant cool season vegetables for an early spring harvest:
Artichokes
Arugula
Beet
Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Cabbage
Carrots
Cauliflower
Celery
Collards
Lettuce
Peas
Radishes
Rutabaga
Spinach
Strawberries
Turnips

1 Comments:

At January 03, 2009, Blogger johnsue said...

Sounds wonderful... I'll even come help! What about Swiss chard or is that a summer veggie? What happens if I use old seeds - much chance they'll sprout? Tx, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home