Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Catch Phrases

Do you ever find yourself in the same old language rut?

My Brother the Thief brought those colorful "catch phrases" that define us for the moment back to the fore for me.

I have discovered that these phrases have more power in my life than I suspected. When I look at the years and how they have progressed. One of the best years of my life was the year I used "No Worries" as my more regular catch phrase.

These phrases create a mindset for me, and it carries out. So I decided to take a look at the ones I use more frequently now.

Some for me:
"We'll have some fun along the way."
"All in all"
"Good stuff" or "Good things"
"Mmmhmmm"
"And so it goes" (this one mostly goes off in my head)

If I look at these and try to get a glimpse at the reality I am trying to create/convey it comes down to enjoying the journey, encompassing a lot of time into a single moment, listening, and the tried and true element of my life which is that I tend to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

What are the phrases that currently define your vocabulary? What is the reality you are trying to shape with your phraseology?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home