Saturday, April 15, 2006

Reading this week

This week has been full no doubt. I have tried to get some reading in. There have been a few books I have gotten into. The first is one that has become my new favorite, "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. He has two very important passages for me. The first is his rendering of Holy Week. The second comes just before that section of the story, and is probably more meaningful to me. It is where Boff gives the reason for Jesus to allow himself to be sacrificed. He says that Jesus is doing it so that God will see the nature of sacrifice and that there is no need for more sacrifice.
The other book I have been working my way through this week is "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt" By Anne Rice. I have only made it part way through the book, but I hope to finish by tomorrow.
May your journey be powerful and productive.
Peace,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home