Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Loving Neighbor as Self

I may be a little late to the party with this one...

But I think that we ought to be looking at fostering relationships with our neighbors for these reasons and so many more (Oh, like it is the second phrase of the Great Commandment, given to Jesus and to Moses).

But, when even the presidency says we need to be deeper in relationship with our neighbors, it really is something we ought to realize has gone too far away from this.

Staying with my folks reminded me of this. My dad said hi to just about everyone in town, knew their names, and I am amazed at the number of organizations he is working with now, that I didn't know about before. This is news with my dad, my mom has been doing it since the day we arrived in Bishop. Thanks for the reminder of what it means to be building community. 

Time for me to get out and see more people in the community, probably even a few who are not in the church! ;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home