Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Five

Mix and Stir Friday Five

Please answer the following kitchen-related questions:

1) Do you have a food processor? Can you recommend it? Which is to say, do you actually use it?
We do; I do not use it, as I do most stuff with the Stand Mixer, Blender and common chopping knife

2) And if so, do you use the fancy things on it? (Mine came with a mini-blender (used a lot and long ago broken) and these scary disks you used to julienne things (used once).)
I would consider using the slicer, as it works better than the stand mixer attachment and much faster than the knife

3) Do you use a standing mixer? Or one of the hand-held varieties?
I prefer the stand mixer, as I love it, but have been known to break out the hand mixer for smaller jobs.

4) How about a blender? Do you have one? Use it much?
I use it all the time, for puree for pies, and for smoothies.

5) Finally, what old-fashioned, non-electric kitchen tool do you enjoy using the most?
I love my cast iron skillets

Bonus: Is there a kitchen appliance or utensil you ONLY use at Thanksgiving or some other holiday? If so, what is it?
I am sure there is, like the baster, or some such

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home