Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Quote of the Day

This from a friend on a chatboard for Wheel of Time

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects."  -- Lazarus Long

I think I have done all but butcher the hog, and set a bone. I might be stretching it though on fighting efficiently, and I hope to die gallantly (that is to say "I should be able to die gallantly"). I think I could set the bone, but maybe not well. I expect I would have better luck butchering the hog.

Peace, 

3 Comments:

At October 08, 2008, Blogger Deb said...

You really planned an invasion and conned a ship?!!? Seriously? And as for fighting efficiently are we talking word sparring or a physical fight? Have you been in a physical fight? And how have I missed these details?????

 
At January 22, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the quote is by Robert Heinlein.

 
At January 22, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. I didn't know that Lazarus Long is a Heinlein character. Thank God for Google.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home