Monday, September 01, 2008

Melancholy

mell-anck-O-lee as we used to call it in College seems to have struck again.

I don't entirely know what "it" is that has got me this time, as seems to be the usual for me. When I hit this place in life it seems something is wrong, but I don't know what it is just yet.

I have to puzzle it through. I used to shoot baskets for hours in front of my house growing up. I would play sports as an adult, but with no hoop in the yard, very few things organized, and a dissipating desire to organize others to do something just for my mental state, I just don't. I wind up sitting, pacing restlessly around the house, doing odd chores, or otherwise just feeling out-of-sorts.

I realize the term melancholy most often refers to a sadness or depression, but for me I use the more pensive definition to aid me in my understanding.

Now, on with the day to try and find some balance, some working space, and some downtime. Maybe even to get some shopping for the little one done.

1 Comments:

At September 03, 2008, Blogger Art said...

Same thing happens to me... good luck with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home