Saturday, June 30, 2007

More on My Mission and Vision

A dear friend asked me after I had made the great breakthrough with my mission and vision, "Can you make that clearer?" And though I have no idea whether Randa reads this blog, I have come up with a better answer than my original response at the time. I said, "Well, that's the point, to have it loose to better allow it to fit." And she, knowing me pretty well, responded, "If it were concrete that wouldn't be you would it?" (rough translation from the heat addled clergy-ese of Annual Conference)

So here's to explaining "Extending Ministry"

-Extending Ministry reaches out
-Extending Ministry stretches limits
-Ex-tending Ministry no longer just watches the sheep

Extending Ministry has Progress
-By taking each new step of faith and not just allowing "one thing" to dominate ministry extending ministry heeds Christ's continual calls to "come" and to "go".

Extending Ministry has Impact
-That each step is taken is only part of ministry, each step must also make an impact in the life of the person who practices and in the world they affect in following "The Way", Jesus the Christ.

Extending Ministry has Proclamation
-Living Christian faith for myself is not enough. I must proclaim Jesus daily, using words when necessary, and teach others likewise.

Extending Ministry has Longevity
-What I am doing has got to last, for me and for others. The Message is important, but I cannot burn myself out trying to achieve these goals. I must last, and the Message must take deep enough root to last in others.

Extending Ministry has Variety
-Recognizing that each persons is in a different place in faith where we are called to meet them where they are, and there are multiple learning styles I have an obligation to present, live and teach the Gospel with Variety.

Peace,

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2007, Blogger Deb said...

I like this explanation/idea. thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home