Monday, September 17, 2007

Robing Prayers

I got some inspiration from RevGalBlogPals “Sunday Prayer”

When I arrived at my new post three years ago, there in the vesting closet of the pastor was this prayer…

The Robe
My soul shall rejoioce in the Lord, for God has clothed me with the robe of gladness; as a bridegroom has set a crown on me; and as a bride adorns herself with jewels, so has God adorned me.

The Stole
Blessed is God, who pours out God’s grace upon God’s priests, as myrrh upon the head, that runs down the face, the face of Aaron, that runs down the border of his robe.

The Belt
Blessed is God, who girds me with strength and makes my way blameless. God made my feet like hind’s feet, and set me secure on the heights.

The Cross
Jesus says, “Take up your cross and follow me.” (Mark 8:34)

Peace,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home