Thursday, January 11, 2007

Integration

They say you have really integrated into a culture when you begin to dream in that language. For those who have spoken to me in Spanish of late you may laugh to hear that I was once good enough to do just that when I was in college (lo, those many years ago).

But, I know that I have now integrated into the culture of the blogosphere.

Last night I had a dream. Jeff the Baptist lost his church (not sure how), and put out an appeal to those who might be able to help. Somehow I wound up on this list, and had a conversation with Jeff in person. We talked, and I shared with him that the appointments in this conference were very impacted and probably not right for him.

So, I got on the phone and contacted Bishop Willimon in my former Conference (North Alabama), Gavin Richardson and Jonathon Norman to ask them to contact their Bishop (ensuring that Gavin's zipper was zipped first), and RevAbi to contact her Bishop.

Somehow along the line Jeff made it clear he was not a Methodist, which I assured him would be alright in a Methodist Congregation, as long as he needed a job and so many of our churches were without good pastoral leadership or without appointments at all.

I don't know if we managed to convert Jeff at the end of the day, but it doesn't really matter. I knew I had integrated into the blogosphere!

Peace,

3 Comments:

At January 11, 2007, Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

You're funny.
The zipper thing was a classic....

 
At January 13, 2007, Blogger gavin richardson said...

i don't think i'll ever be appointed now that it's all on youtube.

 
At January 13, 2007, Blogger David said...

Gavin,
I expect that appointments have little to do with our faux pas. If that were the case not a single pastor I know would have been appointed a first time, let alone reappointed, or given another chance.
And at least this way you can point to the "facts" rather than refute someone else's "story".
Peace,
DC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home