Saturday, October 03, 2009

Men +1

Off to the Men's Fellowship Group at St. Andrew UMC for breakfast this morning. I am taking my daughter, so in one sense she represents the +1 in the title.

For years this group has focused on fellowship. I have no complaint with fellowship, as there is much that can happen by way of fellowship. In this particular instance, I want fellowship to be helping people more explicitly direct their walk with Jesus Christ.

To this end, I am excited because one of the best ways to get to know the people of the Men's Fellowship is to hear the story of faith that each of them brings. Very rarely do men have this type of forum to gather and share so deeply.

I have been thankful for my years in the Men's Fellowship at Bishop FUMC. They decided along the way to become a Chartered United Methodist Men's Group. The thing is that they focused on a Book study - scripture, tradition, and reason. The bulk of time though was directed to Experience. These men could relate, and they could lay out their own faith and its struggles more clearly working with other materials.

My hope is that our Testimony time with Men's Breakfast will continue to grow. I am grateful to Carl Gerber for introducing this method of fellowship to me. It works. I use the title Men +1, to echo Carl's sentiment, that there is always room for one more.

Men's Breakfast is the First Saturday of each month. The cost is per your sense of donation, and breakfast usually lasts about an hour and fifteen minutes.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home