Sunday, March 22, 2009

Clergy Debt

A few years ago I started working on a project to bring to light the problems with our current clergy salary system here in Cal-Pac. I came from the North Alabama Conference, as a Candidate who transferred in, had to restart the process of Candidacy and keep going. Fortunately the change in Candidacy did not affect much of my financial goings-on.

But, I read with concern and alarm the post from Will Willimon, the Bishop of the North Alabama Conference as he posted on their salary and indebtedness concerns. Particularly, I am concerned because I know that North Alabama is one of the Conferences with the best record of helping to defray the cost of Seminary, and student indebtedness, along with a substantial increase in salary from what our Conference offers on the base salary level, to be able to repay that debt following graduation from Seminary.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home